Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with gengraph in Win98/ME/2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdimas

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
CO
I am a developer using Foxpro 2.6. I used to be able to create and update graphs on a run version using gengraph.app and update in win95. Now using Windows 98, I get an error. I know that the problem is msgraph. But i don´t how to fix it.

It's likely to be a different version of MSGRAPH or at least one of the many system support files it calls. Besides the OS, different versions of Works and/or MS Office can "upgrade" these files. Either consider not allowing upgrades from the original development/test environment, or upgrade the application to VFP to take advantage of these new system's capabilities.

Rick

Thanks for your answer, i know that in VFP is most easy work with graphics (VFP 7.0 have a nice tools for this), but in this moment is impossible change my aplication to VFP. My program is almost done and this is my only problem.

P.D.
Excuse for my english. I'm from Colombia and i'm trying to improve my english.

If I understand you correctly you can do a custom installation of FPW2.6, on the PC you are running the graphs on, and select the gengraph option only.

I can resolve the problem in win98/me/xp/2000, making a program that change the system registry in this OS. And my statistics graphs are working good in all this system with gengraph (MSGraph).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back