Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus1000

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
US
I have two problems with the frameset on my homepage -- the first is that when I view the site with the browser set at 400x600, there should be right and bottom scrollbars, since the entire page can't be seen at that setting. But there are no scrollbars. I don't want any scrollbars to appeqar at 800x600.

Here's the URL
Also, When I try to set the size of these frames by pixels, my browser seems to ignore that and insists on spreading the frames out to fill the entire screen when viewed at 1024x768.

I would like to abandon frames entirely, but that's the only way I can get my menubar and scrollbar to both work together (the scrollbar causes the menubar to malfunction).

the reason why the sroll bars don´t apper is that in the <FRAME src=&quot;rightframe.html&quot; scrolling=no name=&quot;leftframe&quot;>
the scrolling=no disables them so in any resolution the scrollbars won´t appear.

May you please post your index1.html, so we will know what u did and give u suggestion or solutions to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back