Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Figure numbering in fm 7.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabu32

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
The problem is that when I insert a disconnected page and add a figure the numbering of the figure shows up wrong. I use this f: Figure <$chapnum>-<n+>. for the main figure and f: Figure <$chapnum>-<n><a+>. for the sub figures.

For example, when I have Figure 9-2. and I add a page and a new figure, when I add the figure sub tag it shows this figure as Figure 9-0a. If I add another figure it will show up as Figure 9-1a.

This problem only happens if I add a disconnected page. If I add the figures as I right the document the figures are numbered correctly. any suggestions?? Thanks.

This seems to be related to the text flow. Numbering streams have to be in the same text flow for the autonumbering to work. If you select a body text block and get object properties for it (Graphics menu), the dialog box lists the text block's text flow. Check to see if the text flow is different between a page that has your primary figure and a page that has a mis-numbered sub-figure.

I just checked on one of my document, and when I added disconnected pages, it did keep me within the same text flow, even when I specified "none" for the master page. So I can't say for sure what is happening with your document.

The only other thing I can think of that would cause this is if you somehow had another tag that was resetting the numbering. That doesn't sound likely in this case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back