Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with extensions in office manager 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmp241

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hello everyone,

I replaced a 403 with a 406 and load the 403 config file in the 406. But for some reason the extensions in office manager do not match the extensions on the patch panel. For example, what's plugged in the 1100 slot shows up as extension 1107. Any ideas on how to configure office manager extensions? or any other suggestions would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance,

Confucious

I don't believe that loading a 403 config into a 406 is a supported action - my guess is that you'll have more problems than this one. You may be able to do an export/import. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and make a new config for the 406 from scratch.
Mike

Check in the Units section. Since you put a 403 configuration on a 406, it might have added 3 more units and you'll have IP 403 DS, IP 406 DS, two ANALOGUE POTS2 and two DIGITAL DCP 8. Earase the IP 403 DS and the two units that come with it (the ANALOGUE POTS2 and DIGITAL DCP 8 that have the same serial numebr as the IP 403 DS) and reboot. After that you'll probably have to renumber the extensions.

port numbering on the 406 and the 403 are totally different.

I would start from scratch with the ports and make them what you want them to be.

Uploading the 403 config should be fine, but as mforrence says, defaulting and starting again is never a bad idea.

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back