Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem With Exporting Data To Word!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olgas74

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
US
Hi,ALL
I have problem with exporting a report to Word.
The report has a field (i.e.[text]),Field Type is "MEMO",The problem is: When I export the report to Word, the data in this field is cut in half or some text is missing (this only happens when the field contains a considerable amount of data -50 words or so.) What can I do about it?

Thank's everyone

Hi olgas74:

I have been having this problem for about 5 months. I have not found a solution, short of reporting this flaw to Microsoft. They claim that I am the only one to ever have had this problem, and it must therefore come from some magical hidden code I accidentally programmed. This is of course not the case.
Sorry I cannot help you, but I'm with you. If I ever find out how to fix this, I will post it here.

Cheers...Ben

Move the data to a string variable. Check MsgBox to be sure you get it all. Then export the string to WORD. That is your problem. A striing variable can be 65,000 bytes.

rollie@bwsys.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back