Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with emails going into document library....

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacabb

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2011
US
I configured incoming email for the first time in sharepoint.

I have 2 problems:

1. When an email gets sent as an attachment, 2 entries are made in the sharepoint library. One with just the attachment, and another with the original message and attachment together. We need it to only put one entry that contains both attachment and email message.

2. When the user opens the EML file from the document library, it opens in Outlook Express. If you try to open it in Outlook, it opens a new email message with the EML as an attachment. We need it to open in Outlook as a reply email to the individual that sent the original message.

Any ideas?

Discussion Board worked! However, our only issue with it now is when it saves the original email, it won't just allow you to open it from the post. Instead when you click it, only two buttons show: Save and Cancel. Is there a way to have "Open" show on that prompt?

That's the thing, we want to be able eliminate having to download it to the desktop. We want to open it right from sharepoint.

Oh! I forgot to mention it's opening in outlook now lol. So now I just need to get it to open right from sharepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back