Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with E-trust Exchange option

Status
Not open for further replies.

frippel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2002
BE
Hi,

I installed the new e-trust version 6.0.96 etc...Administrator on our BackOffice Server with the Exchange option. Installed all the patches and latest signatures. All seemed to work fine, untill we started using our workstations. They are running outlook 2000 connected to the exchange server.

Well here is the problem: Whenever you go to a next message in the outlook list, you have to wait for about 20 sec to 2 min. to open the next one, depending on the number of att. It looks like the mails with att. are scanned for viruses first. No need to explain to you that waiting for two minutes for the next mail to open is very unpleasent...
I checked the requirements and they are more then sufficient, better when I disable the mail option on the realtime option pannel, everything runs back smoothly.

Anyone had this before or solved this matter?
Thanks.

I would try to update the Realtime driver from CA's website. Also you might try turning off background scanning as well. What this does is scan the whole store and all atachments when a new virus sig is updated severely inhibiting the servers performance. Also there is a SP1 for Etrust 6 that is suppose to fix alot of issues Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Hi

inxo*.log will get generated !!
--------------------------------
You need to set the log tab to 0-1-0 that is the default value
stop the information store and delete the inxo*.log and then
restart the information store. This should solve your problem

Thanks
Chari

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same problems with long delays accessing attachments. In addition, laptop users are having problems synchronizing Outlook. If I turn off the Exchange Option, everything works fine.

I've applied all updates, service packs and patches for both Inoculate and Exchange Option as of Oct 16/02. I've also tried Chari's suggestion with the log file. Nothing's worked yet.

Thanks for any help.

I got it solved.

I enabled the background scanning. Disabled the log files
Under 'mail options' (realtime options). And rebooted the server.

Appearantly that did the trick at two locations...

Hopes this helps anyone out...

Good morning everyone. I know I am joining this conversation late - but we are encountering both the slow outlook performance with attachments and the OST synchronisation issue.

We are runng Inoc6SP1 and Exch5.5SP4 fully patched, driver file updated, Exchange option updated - the whole thing.

Have any of you guys found a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back