Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with e-mails mysteriously disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCGI

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
I have a user who has had e-mails supposedly "disappear" from his mailbox. We run exchange server 2003 and outlook 2003. He said they are not being routed into junk e-mail, deleted items, or anything like that. This happens when he closes outlook and reopens and they are all internal company e-mails. Other than that the pattern seems to be completely random... it happens with or without attachments. I suspect they are still there somewhere but any ideas as to where they might be and what causes that?

Every time I have had a user make that complaint a good look at their mailbox rules has sorted the issue out.

Do a search on their mailbox. Also check recovery of deleted items in case he's deleting them then closing outlook.

I took a look at the rules and he's got nothing setup. He said he does not have messages deleted upon closing outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back