Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with duplicating Running Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocgp

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
US
BOXIR2; Oracle 9

Problem: Create a Running Total that evaluates on a formula; duplicate the Running Total, then edit the formula in the duplicate; the formula in the original also changes.

Example: Formula in the Evaluate X2 -

Mid({%Date_Char},6,2)="01" and
{WS_SCALE_TICKET.GROSS_WT} in {@Legal Limit} to {@Legal Limit}*1.1

After duplicating, I renamed the duplicate and then edited the Evaluate formula by removing the second criteria -

Mid({%Date_Char},6,2)="01"

The result was that, as soon as the duplicate was saved, the formula in the original RT was automatically overwritten with the new formula and the calculations refrehed to reflect the change.

This has happened each time I have duplicated RT's that evaluate on a formula. Has anyone else experienced this?

How are you "duplicating" the RTs? As far as I know you can't copy and paste and then change them, you have to recreate each new rt.

-LB

By right-clicking and selecting Duplicate. It is not a copy/paste operation, it is a built-in Crystal option for duplication.

RT's have the same right-click options as formulas, among which is Duplicate. If it is a rule that you can't duplicate a RT, then seems that it should have been left out of the options list. But I don't think that is the case because I have duplicated other RT's that do not evaluate on formulas or where I just changed one of the other elements other than the formula itself and they seem to work fine. The issue seems to be only in the editing of the Evaluate formula.

That is not an option on MY right click menu in XI rel.1. I have never seen (or heard) of this before. Maybe new to release 2? Maybe this is a bug that could be addressed with a service pack. You might check with SAP/BO.

-LB

OK, thanks. I'll see if I can find anything in the kb.

I'll try to remember to test this issue tomorrow when I'm at a client that has R2 and where I have used the duplication option on formulea before. I never checked, but dont think duplicated formulea suffer from this issue.

beltmanjr -

This does not apply to Formulas, only to Running Totals that use a formula for evaluation. I tried another test where I created a duplicate and changed the Reset After option from one group to another and it worked fine. But if I create a duplicate and change the evaluation formula, the change also gets written to the evaluation formula in the original RT.

I'll replicat it tomorrow.
Thank the lord it doesnt do it for formulea....

I can confirm that this is indeed a 'bug'. It does it a two of my customer's installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back