Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem With Domino Setup Welcome Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalsa

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
US
I'm installing a 2nd server to my network (call it new server). I have registered a new server in the NAB which is on "old" server. I added my name and the server name to the adminstrators field in the new server doc. I have added new server to the Local Domain Servers group in the NAB. I have also copied the ID to the new server data directory.

When I get to the welcome screen, it won't let me finish the install telling me: "Notes Error - Server name not found in name and address book". I have a good connection to the old server, as a matter of fact, I hit esc twice on the welcome screen, got to the workspace and I was able to browse the NAB on the old server.

Can anyone tell me what's going on???

Thanks,
Jalsa

Update on my problem:

I got the server working only by declaring that it's the 1st server in the network and copying over the original cert ID, also using the registered server id file. It jsut asked me for those passwords (several times) and then finished the install. The server console then came up perfectly and I could hit the new server with any client on the LAN.

The weird thing is that it created a whole new NAB. I tried overwriting the NAB (first backing it up), and the server console gave me all kinds of errors as in: servername not found in NAB, shutting down, etc etc. I'm looking right at the global NAB and the new server name is right in there. it's spelled perfectly and everything and that's where i registered the server in the first place and generated it's ID file. It must be some sort of weird NAB corruption error right??

J

Further Upate:

Well, I think I've gone even further. When the installation created it's own NAB, it created a server document within there. The difference was that it said the release 5.0.8 in the view, whereas in the global NAB, that column was empty. I deleted the server doc in the global NAB, replaced it with the new server doc that was created and copied the entire global NAB file over the newly created one and re-started the server.

Everything works great now, except I have an error that says "Error Looking up user agent record for new server/stats/domain. Please reload stats when server has completely restarted." I don't know what that means, but I'm happy for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back