Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with DoCmd object in distributed application

Status
Not open for further replies.

closesupport

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
GB
I have an MS Access application that I distribute to a number of users as an mde file. The latest version works fine for me and a most users but some users get the dreaded "The OpenForm action was cancelled. You used a method of the DoCmd object to carry out an action in Visual Basic, but then click Cancel in a dialog box" message.

I have been unable to replicate the problem here and am finding it dofficult to fault find it further. Any tips?

Hanging on your every thread

Pete

Pete
I have seen this happen, especially on XP machines, when the users workstation is missing a reference item such as the incorrect DAO, or missing object Library or Common Controls.

You would have to go the workstation having the specific problem and load the original MDB file logged in as administrator. You can then go into the code module and verify if any of the references are missing.

You will then have to load those missing files onto the workstation and make sure they get registered using regsvr32.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back