Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with decimal format using CR and ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrz

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
US
When I import numbers from a file into crystal 7, a field with four decimal places does not transfer properly (ex. the number .4562 displays in crystal as .4500). <br><br>Has anyone else experienced this problem?

We had a problem with the query part of CR7.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was not pulling the 'float' data types correctly.&nbsp;&nbsp;We had to reduce the version of some these .dll files:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;sqlsrv32.dll&nbsp;&nbsp;2.65.0240<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;p2lodbc.dll&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7.0.100.1<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;p2sodbc.dll&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7.0.100.28<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;odbc32 &<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;odbc32int&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3.510.3002.13<br>The problem has been fixed in CR8.<br>

I am selecting numeric data from a database column. Unfortunately, the data contained in the column has multiple leading zeros. The true source of this problem I believe is the fact that this is a CHAR column in the database and not a numeric.<br>Is there any way to fool Crystal into believing this is a DECIMAL column and remove the leading Zeros from the report?<br><br>PS Using Crystal 7<br>

Create a formula field and use 'ToNumber (x)' where (x) is your text field.&nbsp;&nbsp;The formula field will be numeric.&nbsp;&nbsp;To make sure all your text field holds a numeric use 'NumericText (str)'.<br><br>Example:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if NumericText (x) then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ToNumber(x)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;else<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0<br>I got this information from the CR Online Help Files. <br> <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back