Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with date setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronate

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
SG
hi

I am using a calender object for a user input. The user will input a date, for which a report will be generated based on that date as a criteria.

This database is placed in the server for many people to access. Problem is, the user's PC have different data settings (under the regional and language setting), example: 2/11/04 and 11/2/04 for 11 feb 2004

This results in different query outcome for different users. How can i correct this without having to set all the users PC to a particular date setting?

Cheers
Sam

In forms set the format of the field to be Short Date, Medium Date or Long Date. This will use the user's regional settings to display the date.

Hi,
if you want them to see the date according to their settings but format the date for use in queries etc you can use the function Format(mydate, "mm/dd/yyyy") (SQL uses the month/day/year format for dates) look up format function in access help to see other format you can use...

HTH, Jamie
[deejay]

Thanks for the tip....but i found that only doing this works......

V_date = Format(Me.Calendar5.Value, "dd") + "-" + Format(Me.Calendar5.Value, "mmmm") + "-" + Format(Me.Calendar5.Value, "yy")

Cheers
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back