Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with date functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpnorris

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2002
US
I have a problem that hopefully someone can shed some light on. I have a database where the users are entering transactional data. The data entry form has the date automatically populate when the form is opened. When a user enters a transaction and hits the "Add Record" button the date is attached to the trasaction in the database.

I am having a problem with one user who for some reason on certain days when she is processing it has the previous days date. I have a report that the user can run to see how many transactions they have entered. It is based on the current date and the transactions don't appear on her report and she thinks there is something wrong with the database. When her manager checks different reports the transactions are in the database but with the previous days date.

I have the date field on the form as an unbound text box with the default value set to =Date(). When the add record button is hit I have the unbound text box set to the value of a bound text box.

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? It is my understanding that the =Date() function takes the date that the users computer is set to. I have checked the PC and it is OK.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

i know you said the customers pc, but have u check the time zone ? make sure you are using the same time zones.

I did not have them check the time zones specifically. I will do that and see if it is OK. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back