Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2mhd

Programmer
Feb 20, 2008
CA
Hi

ii have a form called jobwork that contains the job done on a client. and there is a mini windows that let the user enter the payment received by the client.

on that windows we have thoses fields:
- date of payment
- type of payment
- check number
- amount paid

my problem is with the field date of payment, i have applied a mask 9999-99-99 so that the user must enter a date in this format, but when the user start typing 2, access pops a windows that tell the user that the number entered is not in valid format, so he click ok and can now enter the daqte witout any error.

It is very weird cause it's the first time i have thi type of error and cannot figure whats happening.

If someone can help me i will be very nice

Thanks a lot.

Hugo

yes i did try this but theres always an error that says to me that the value entered si not appropriate for this mask....0000/00/00;0;_ i can't understand cause i use the same mask on an another form and no error.

Worst than that if i try the subform alone no error occured but if i put the subform on is principal form bang an error....

really i was very LOST!

Thanks for your help

Is it safe to assume that the "format" is yyyy/mm/dd? What about the underlying query/table are they set the same?

Hello bubba100

excuse me my english is not pretty well i do not understand your question.

thanks for taking time to help me

Forms use Controls while Tables have Fields. As I understand you have a Control on your Form where you enter a date. For this control you have set an imput mask 9999/99/99;0;_. Setting the Format property for this Control is just above where you set the imput mask. Have you set the format to yyyy/mm/dd? The Field in the Table that this Control is bound to have you set the format?

yes i have set the format of the field as yyyy/mm/dd.

As i said earlier the place that i enter the date is on a subform, if i try this subform alone it works but if i try to insert this subform on a form PAF that returns me an error.

It is very weird, this is the first time ia got this error and really dont understand why!!

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back