Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with creating object when running DTS package from VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

datras

Programmer
Jun 6, 2001
DK
The import module to my SQL-server based database is developed as a DTS package and it is called from the ACCESS front-end with the following code:

(my test in VB)
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim dtsChdPkg As DTS.Package2

'initialise child package
Set dtsChdPkg = New Package2
MsgBox ("done")
End Sub

This has worked fine on the users PC’s for about a year but now one has got the hard disk restored and she gets the error message:

ActiveX component can’t create object.

I have included references to the DTS dll in the project and I have included the dll file: dtspkg.dll under system32 and it still doesn’t work. Now I have made a small VB program with the code above and installed it on her PC but without luck!

Please help me with an idea on where to look for a solution?

Cheers B-)

I have tried to get a dts to run on a pc just by copying dtspkg.dll with no luck. I ended up installing the SQL Client tools and that worked for me. I don't know what all the files that are need. Perhaps you can just install the client tools, or maybe someone will answer with the needed file list.

You might be right. I just can't remember that it was installed before... but I might have a bad memory. So I will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back