Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with connection agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgman500

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I'm in the process of installing my Exchange 2003 into my Exch 5.5 org and my W2K AD and move mailboxes over.
I've been following the Deployment Tools step for step. All the correct services started, ran dcdiag and netdiag with no errors, forest and domain prep, install the ADC and so on. Everything seemed to check out good.
But as I run the ADC I'm getting into some problems...

Here is the log from step 2 of the ADC "Data Collection"

'Current user is 'Administrator\BBPSD' on computer 'MAIL'

Pass 1 of 4: Resource Mailbox Scan 05/19/2004 11:58:58
Resource Mailbox Scan completed. No unmarked resource mailboxes found.

Pass 2 of 4: Active Directory Connector Object Replication Check 05/19/2004 11:59:01
Matched 'cn=SO'Gorman,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Sherry O'Gorman,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=BMews,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Brian Mews,OU=pr,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=service,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Copier Service,CN=Users,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=BLarsen,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Beth Larsen,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=CBuchanan,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Clark Buchanan,OU=pr,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=jpoirier,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Jeremy Poirier,OU=ab,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=SteveL,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Steve Lind,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=dpatrick,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Doug Patrick,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=cgotkin,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Cameron Gotkin,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=ppeterson,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Pete Peterson,OU=ma,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=Matt Mathiesen,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Matt Mathiesen,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Matched 'cn=Brad Dye,cn=Recipients,ou=BBPSD,o=BBP' to 'CN=Brad Dye,OU=sf,DC=bbpsd,DC=com' based on SID.
Warning: The Data Collection tool found objects that are not replicated from the Exchange 5.5 directory to Active Directory. Running the Connection Agreement Wizard in Step 4 will resolve these issues.

Pass 3 of 4: Active Directory Object Replication Scan 05/19/2004 11:59:07
Active Directory Object Replication Scan completed. No unreplicated objects found.

Pass 4 of 4: Active Directory Unmarked Resource Mailbox Scan 05/19/2004 11:59:09
Warning: Active Directory Unmarked Resource Mailbox Scan found resource mailboxes that are mismatched or missing a master account SID. Use the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles to resolve problems, and then rerun Step 2: Q256862, "XADM: How to Correct Mismatched Accounts After Active Directory Connector Replication" ( Q278966, "XADM: Unable to Move or Log On to Exchange Resource Mailbox" (
And here is the ERROR that I get when I run step 4 - "Connection Agreement Wizard"

Error: Could not read the attribute msExchHomeSyncService off the object CN=Default Connection to Exchange 5.5,CN=Active Directory Connections,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=bbpsd,DC=com

I've searched google, Technet, knowledge base and other forums...no answer as to how to fix this or exactly what the error is. I'm using "Administrator" as my upgrade user...Is it a rights issue, not in the right group issue? Didnt run into this error during my 2 test runs of this conversion/migration.

Thanks for any help
Shane Gardner

Have you used the ADSIEdit tool to check if the object exists and what the perms of the object are?

BTW sorry the entry is so long.

No I haven't used ADSIEdit? Check to see what object exists? How do I know what object I need to look for?

I have no idea what "perms of the object" are...can I find that in the ADSIEdit?

Thanks,
Shane

ADSIEdit is a tool on the support tools on your Windows 2000/2003 media. All the Exchange information including the object referenced in your post "msExchHomeSyncService off the object CN=Default Connection to Exchange 5.5,CN=Active Directory Connections,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=bbpsd,DC=com" can be found there.

You must install the support tools from the Windows 2000/2003 cd (not the exchange cd)on one of your domain controllers. Once installed run the ADSIEdit tool and navigate to the Default Connection to Exchange 5.5 object. (Just follow the distiguished name backwards) If the object exists Rt-click-Properties and view the permissions of the object.

phollenbeck
Ok, I got the ASDI Edit open and have looked at the properties and permissions. Gave all the Admins full control of Default connection to Exchange 5.5

Looking in the Attributes I see the msExchHomeSyncService...but it has no value set???? Weird. Can I manually change it to what it should be? Any idea of what it should be?

xmsre
I'm not sure if I've had an Active Connections agreement setup before, which was where that article was hinting.

Under my Active Directory Connections in ASDI, I have CN=Default ADC Policy and CN=Default Connection to Exchange 5.5??????

Still haven't solved my problem.

Any suggestions why I'm getting this error when I try to run Step 4 of the Active Directory Connector? Why I can't read the attribute msExchHomeSyncService

Error: Could not read the attribute msExchHomeSyncService off the object CN=Default Connection to Exchange 5.5,CN=Active Directory Connections,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=bbpsd,DC=com

Looking in the Attributes I see the msExchHomeSyncService...but it has no value set"

There's your problem. Try reinstalling the ADC, and setting your CAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back