Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with command bpimagelist -backupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYLMEN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
FR
Hello,

I have one backup with two copies but the expiration date for the copies are not the same. When I'm using the bpimagelist -backupid command, the result returns the most recent expiration date and not the expiration date of the copy one. Have some a solution to resolve my problem?

thanks for your answer

Sorry.
The issue is that the bpimagelist command returns the expiration date of the copy one

Did you already try it with the parameter -rl (retention level). For the retentionnumber see Master Server properties - retention periodes.
0 = 1 week
1 = 2 weeks
etc.

Copy 1 is usually set to be the "primary" copy. Does bpimagelist return copy 1 or is it actually returning whatever copy is defined as the "primary" copy? Which is normally copy 1.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Hi,

Try this command.

bpimagelist -U -client [ client_name ] -d [ start-date ] -e [ end_date ] -media.

It will give you the list of medias that were backedup as well as the retention period.

Thanks & Regards,
Siva Packiarajan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back