Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Combo-Box connecting to my database

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitCounter

Programmer
Feb 18, 2000
US
Anyone:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;First, thanks for taking the time to read this...I hope you know the answer or it helps you as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a combo-box which is populated via a connection to a table from a database.&nbsp;&nbsp;It works just fine as long as I set the style property to 0 - dropdown combo.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would like it to work set as a 2 - Dropdown list.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, whenever I make the change in the Style property from a 0 to a 2, I get an error message whenever it attempts to connect to the database (for that field only!).&nbsp;&nbsp;Does anybody know why this is happening...is there something else that I have to set.&nbsp;&nbsp;I already have my DataField and DataSource set properly.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks<br><br>Renae

Try setting the RowSource to the AoDc and the ListField property to the desired Field. The BoundColumn may be set to another field in your table if desired.<br><br>The style property may now be set to either 0 or 2.<br><br>I hope this helps.&nbsp;&nbsp;It works for me.<br><br>good luck<br>Bob<br> <p>Robert L Norton<br><a href=mailto:2dogs@webace.com.au>2dogs@webace.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back