Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with COM+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris5066

Programmer
Feb 23, 2004
SG
I was using NT4 with MTS as our transaction manager for our application without any "problems". But now I have upgraded the server to Windows 2000 with COM+ and have installed the application without any major issues, except for one.

Just one of my components in this application seems to have a problem. When ever it tries to call a method on another component it fails and the error message is 'Permission Denied'.

The rest of the components in the package work well, but this one is a bit different. It has got a total of three classes out of which only one is marked as 'Requires a transaction'. The other two classes do not support transactions.

Now this component worked well with MTS, but now it just wont work. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

Sorry guys forgot to mention, the components were developed using VB6.

Thanks

Chris

Have you looked at the Authentication Level, Access/Launch permissions and Identity configuration of the server class in DCOMCnfg?

Yes I have dropped all the security settings to the lowest, Authentication level - None; Impersonation level - Anonymous; Identity - Interactive User. And even on the component I unchecked the 'enforce component level access check', but I still get an Permission Denied message in my log file.

I also set the permissions on the dll to everyone, but it still did not work.

Chris

avanderlaan, many thanks, I had slipped up on the DCOMcnfg settings and after responding to your reply I realised that I have not checked the second part of your suggestion. And bingo! It fixed my problem; I have run into something else but never mind, it will keep me busy ;).

Thanks again.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back