Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Cognos and Dell core 2 duo computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsimon12

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2007
US
Has anyone encountered problems with Cognos 7.3 Powerplay and Dell Core 2 Duo computers. I have 3 machines that give incorrect information on reports (that have been written over 2 years ago and have worked flawlessly until now). None of these machines keep the zero supression correct, either. The reports work just fine on intel pentium 4 computers.

Hi

I haven't encountered the exact problems you have. But I have had some strange things happening, like PowerPlay aborting unexpectedly, and transformer sceeens not being redrawn properly.
I thought it was just my machine, but maybe not ?

Interesting ....

Ian

Is it on a core 2 duo? I have not had any shutdowns but then we did not have the machines in production very long either. As soon as the system gave wrong info we swapped out to a non core 2 duo system.

Yes, Dell Core 2 duo Inspiron 6400. I haven't used this machine much in production, so I am not sure how much of a problem this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back