Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with clean install and a BLUE screen. PLZ help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreis

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
Ok have a few problems in win2k pro, I did a clean install on a 40 gb HD, and I have a AMD 950mhz with 756Mem and when I got done what the new install all worked well..until I restarted the machine and then everything,was coming to gether until I got to the win 2000k loading screen, after it got to the last load, it went to a blue screen, and said
The Video driver failed to initialize, and it wouldn't gopast that screen....

I tired to reboot and then go to F8 safe mode..it ran threw a few commands and then went to the blue screen again.... is the some thing I messing, or what
I also ready down the blue screen and it said to disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing, I did this and it still does the same thing ....
can someone please help me ......hhuuummmmmm plz HELP

thanks Jreis

Ok I got pass the blue screen and loaded the drivers for the Video card.. now having other problems.....

never heard of this, no paging file, or the paging file is too small......me don't understand that one....

I ready what it told me to do and then hit finished and then hit ok and it loaded a paging file for me.

can someone tell me what the paging file is and what does it do,..........

thanks Jreis

said to disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing, I did this and it still does the same thing"

Try re-enabling this BIOS setting
if this does not work then right click on my computer..go to the advance tab....performance....advance tab....and at the bottom you can set your page file ...should be twice your hard memmory 756 X 2......

if this doesent work then it is pooable you have bad OS install and a re-install could be your best option.

Ok thanks for your help , I fixed they problem. mow with the other problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back