Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with cisco 7206 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianoboscatto

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2002
BR
Hi folks,

I´m having a serius problem:

I try the command "show run" and my configuration does not appear. My router is working fine. What i have to do???

Do other commands work ok?, if yes then do a show startup, you should find your config in there.

Does "sh run" give you an error? Or does it just go back to the prompt and not show anything?

stoney

Here is a stupid yet important question nobody is asking. Are you in User MODE, Privileged mode, or Configure mode when prompting the router for show run response? Route once; switch many

good ? wannabe but show start wouldnt work if he wasnt in user mode though, at least it better not.

Can you issue "dir system" and see if you get anything back.
Also try using the command "write terminal", its supposed to be the same as sh run.

Stoney.

What´s the config-register set to, do a sh vers, it´ll be at the bottom, also do a copy start run, then you should see it.

I did the following command:

AS-PUCPR#dir system
%Error opening slot0:/system (File system is in an inconsistent state)
AS-PUCPR#

What i have to do????

Did write terminal do anything for you?

Do you happen to have any spare flash/memory around?

stoney

I've had this problem before. It is a memory issue. You either need to upgrade the amount of RAM in the router or manually tweak your buffers. It usually happens if you're using CPU hogs like eigrp or bgp.

Which router are you using (7500,3600...)? Would you post a sh proc mem and a sh proc cpu (just the headers: 5 initial lines)?

do a "copy start run", then try a "show runn" , and tell us what you get

I'm the Fanciest of the Fancy...INDEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back