Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with chat on windows 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

readingjerry

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
Hi I have just upgraded to windows 2K from '98, but my hard drive was formatted before installation. I now find that i get a connection box with a red cross on it in the chat room. Apparently I need Java for it, but cannot use MJSAV86.exe, which is apparently the cure for the problem in XP. I downloaded the Java program and got rid of the red cross, but just got the message applet loading which remained until i shut the pc down! Can you help please?

Goto Internet Explorer properties, aka tools-internet options, and goto advanced. Scroll down and make sure that the Microsoft VM is enabled.

If thats not it, try uninstalling the java. If sun, you can goto add/remove programs.

Restart your computer and then goto the Windows Update Site.
Update 2000 to current.

One of those updates, can't remember which, includes the MSjava, if you dont have it.

That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back