Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem With CD-Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzensius

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
US
Okay i have built this new system and im having a little trouble with my CD Writer. The way my system is set up is this-
P4 1.6 Ghz
512 MB Ram
30 GB Hard drive connected to primary IDE on master
Toshiba 16x DVD drive Connected to Secondary IDE on master
16x10x40 Yamaha CD writer connected to Secondary IDE on Slave
Ahead Nero Burning Software

Now heres my problem-
When I try to do anything involving writing CD's- Copying, burning music CD's Etc. I cannot burn at over 8x speed or else it will fail. The error Messages i get are
Invalid Write State then,
Could Not perform endtrack
Now the Writer performs flawlessly when writing at 8x speed or below, just anything above just doesnt work. What could possibly be wrong?

Have you tried different brands of CDR & CDRW disks? Also, is the CDR or CDRW listed as a speed higher than 8X? I'm sure you've checked this.

I'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH AHEAD NERO VER:5. MY WRITER COULD NOT EVEN BE RECOGNISED, I CHANGED TO VER:5.5 AND IT WAS PERFECT. ALSO I COULD NOT WRITE FASTER THAN 16X (I HAVE A 20X)BUT THAT WAS DOWN TO THE DISKS THAT I WAS USING. ANTHER THING YOU CAN LOOK AT IS THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE GOT IT SLAVED TO YOUR DVD, TRY IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND(MASTER WRITER, SLAVE DVD)HOPE THIS HELPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back