Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with BO and Windows clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

webi2002

Technical User
Jun 17, 2002
US
We currently go to InfoView (Viewing settings on Optimized for my browser) and use the copy command [Ctrl+C] keys and paste into PowerPoint. However it seems to paste into PowerPoint in Gray-scale. Has anyone come across with this issue and if a solution is available.
In the interim, we are using the [Alt+PrtScn] keys to copy the window, and then paste into a paint editor, crop the image, and finally paste into PowerPoint for presentations, however the image quality gets degraded.
Help is appreciated.

Hello Webi,

Don't have exact settings to solve your problem, but resizing is no problem in Powerpoint itself. Just rightclick on the pasted image and you can set the size to a fitting percentage. (usually something like 94%). For demonstrations you can very well work off-line with BO (apart from refreshing), showing such things as creating variables,creating tables/graphs and drilling within the hierarchy that comes with the datacube. This means loading some reports beforehand , of course and having a BO client reporter module installed for demonstration purposes.... T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

The main problem of it all is that the big wigs want the churned information pasted on a PPT for their review every week, and gray scale does not buy much attention. This is something that the corporate has driven a standard on. They love to see result sets on PPT. Any solutions would be great.

Thanks

This is a standard windows feature. How different applications interpret what you are copying to and from the clipboard. Do the copy and then look at it in the clipboard viewer.
I produce a lot of training manuals in the alt-prnt-screen fashion. Quailty is good as long as you paste directly into powerpoint and not into 2bit apps like Paint. You can crop images and resize images in PPT really easily. Be warned though that these pictures are in BMP format which means that they are large. Depending on the type of picture I like to crop and resize the picture to the size I want and then CUT, Paste Special and then choose something other than Bitmap, try it and see. Not all screen shots come out well so you have to leave them as BMP's embedded in the document. It just makes the documents larger.
To Crop in PPT click on the picture and make sure you get the 'Picture' Control bar, choose the crop option from this control. Then click and drag on the Picture Handles you want to move.
To Resize in PPT click on the picture hold shift and then click and drag one of the Picture Handles.

Crop then Resize though. You have more flexibility in the amount you can crop.

I do thank you for your idea, however the argument was that it used to work with no problems via InfoView using the [ctrl+c] keys and [ctrl+v] into PPT. without having to use any image alteration. I did find a machine in my building that does not have a problem using the windows clipboard to copy directly from Infoview into PPT, and will see if there are any differences on that machine from all others. Thanks.

If any other solutions that I may be overseeing as far as browser settings, or other than having to do extrac clipping / cropping or image editing then please advise.

Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back