Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichi

Programmer
Nov 12, 2000
EC
hi everybody, i have a "little" problem, i can't make backups on my mail server, my server is dell poweredge 2650, and the backup is external Dell Power Vault 110T, i use tapes LTO Ultrium 200G compressed. my problem is that i get this error: Error with sense data info fld=0x1ad16 current st09:00 sense key medium error, although sometimes i can make backups, i have tried with little directories that have a size of 2Gb, but i get the same error, so i don't think is the data, because is static data, no one is reading mails, so what else could be??, the tapes not, because i use many, and it's the same, maybe the power vault 110T??
any ideas would be apreciated, thanks in advance

pichi

Try forum531 for backup issues. What software are you using and what commands?

thanks,
i only use tar cvf /dev/st0 files

Have you tried a cleaning tape on the power vault? Could be dirty heads. Have you tested a new, empty tape to see if you can make a backup?

yes, i have tried that, when i use the clean cartridge i usually can make backups, but then after that backup i want to make another and get the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back