Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with APS

Status
Not open for further replies.

italy

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
Hi I have problem with my APS for some reason every midnight is stop and restart is it usuall behaver or how can I stop is .

Thanks

Hello

Do you have the APS service set as an NT service?
Is it set to automatic?
Does your APS server reboot overnight?

Italy,

What database are you using for the APS system? Does this get taken down for backup every night? I have a client who was using Oracle 7 who had exactly the same issue - services would not restart after a shut down for backup of Oracle7, we solved it by moving the APS database to Oracle 8 David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

yes I have the database on oracle 7 what is the reason for this behavor?? and speaking of database I moved the data base from access to oracle and it is migrated manually so some gap there in the records and there is an index as you know here is explain

so in the middle there is a cap there and every thing new it know written after the last index is there any way to elimenet this problem.

many thanks

Italy, Not sure I kmow why Oracle 7 stops the services from restarting automatically - the client used to have to do a manual restart every time until we moved to Oracle 8. I would suggest that if you can you do the same.

You say you migrated the APS database manually - did you use the Data Source Expert in the Configuration Manager? If not then you should be VERY careful as we have had probelms with APS db corruption at other clients who have done this. I suggest you use the DSE to move the data back into Access and then use the DSE to move it back again into Oracle - this should clear up your indexing problems David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back