Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Analog Phones after 100 DS1 Replacement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag62470

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
US
We have a 016 with Ring Gen in slot 17 of our system and an 100 DS1 in slot 12 of our system.

This past week we had a lightning storm that took out the 100 DS1. We have a Legend Cabinet and ordered a replacement. The replacement came in but came as a Magix Card with carrier adapter. I put in the new card and the phone lines began working again but the analog phones plugged in to the 016 have stopped working.

I noticed on the boards here somewhere that there are issues with some 100 DS1 cards and 016 cards. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Any insight someone can share?

Thanks.

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

DId you do a board renumbner after the swap? I know Merlinman has said some DS1 cards will not work if they are to the right of a 016. You can back up your system, swap the DS1 and 016 then renumber and see what happens.

No, I didn't do a renumber because I replaced the cards in the same slot. The 016 is already to the right of the DS1.

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

I've seen Legends do weird things when boards are swapped out same for same. Once WinSPM kept reporting a incompatible card in a slot that I had replaced a card in. I had to pull every card, renumber then install each card one by one and renumber to clear it.

You should perform a board renumber after replacing any board.
Even if it is the same card in the same slot.

You can also perform tests on the modules in maintenance to determine if the system thinks the module is functioning properly or to see errors. See the Legend maintenance documentation for instructions.

....JIM....

The "ISSUES" happened when the 016 was to the LEFT of the 100-DS1 module.

Either a Board renumber is in order (as suggested) or you have more damage.

The "Old Rule" was that electricity follows the shortest route to ground. The TRUE RULE is; LIGHTNING GOES ANYWHERE AND EVERY WHERE IT WANTS TO.

Not good for little Integrated Circuits less than an 1/8th inch thick.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back