Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with an SQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I've got a problem that I think is because of the SQL Database.

It give me these errors, but I don't know where to look or how to fix it?

/rcc/admin_pages/purge_database.asp, line 36
GET /rcc/admin_pages/purge_database.asp

It's to do with a call reporting software on a Nortel BCM but I think it's a datafile/database issue.

Firstly that doesnt look like an error - that sounds like a command.

Does this use SQL server as a database? I recommend finding a nortel forum to try and find more details on the issue.

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

.asp files can be viewed with a simple text editor (like notepad). I suggest you open the purge_database.asp file and look at the code on that line (and several lines above and below it). This may give you a better idea of what the asp code is trying to do.

Another approach would be to start up SQL Server Profiler and then try the operation again. This will show you the actual database call(s) that are made to help further track things down.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Tried Re-installing the entire process again thinking I'd purge the old data first before trying to process the 2013 data. Same results. I don't know if the Technical Information (for support personnel) gives a better idea of what's going wrong?

screen goes to:
The page cannot be displayed.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
CCRcore (0x800A005E)
Invalid use of Null
/rcc/admin_pages/purge_database.asp, line 36

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Page:
GET /rcc/admin_pages/purge_database.asp

Time:
Friday, March 28, 2014, 5:04:29 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back