Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with adding i2004 sets - Server: No Ports Left 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmcevoy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2009
US
Hi,

I have an old BCM 1000 (circa 2001) that's running great. OS is 3.7.

We have 8 IP phones in service, and 8 IP phone licenses installed.

We also have about 25 Digital sets wired in. We have a 8 port POTS module, a 4 port POTs module, and the 32 port Digital set module. I have 10 POTs lines connected.

We are growing, and I purchase a couple of new i2004 phones and a 4 pack of licenses. Licenses are installed. I see the original 8 plus the new 4 as a separate line in the Applied Key Codes page.

When I go to join a new phone, I get "Server: No Ports Left"

If I disjoin one of the existing 8 working phones, the new phone has no problem picking up a DN. When I try to add back the 9th phone, same problem occurs, Server: No Ports Left.

My local Nortel guy has had me restart the BCM, check my DHCP, statically IP my phone, etc. No change. I think this is over his head. He thinks the licenses aren't working right and is suggesting I buy a new phone system from him.

I have googled some, and see articles in this forum talking about splits and resource assignments. Sounds promising, but I am such a noob at this, I don't know how to approach this.

Does anyone think they can point me in the right directions of what to check or adjust?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

I am decent at an entry level within the BCM managment interface, but I don't really know how to check or allocate what kind of resource. If you can supply more details, that would be great.

you should be able to assign 16 on default unless the resources have been change to allow less.

Check you application resources to see how many have been allowed.
If there is only 8 then change it to 16 and reboot system for this to take effect.

Thanks Snowman50, CurlyCord and PhoneGuy610.

Sure enough, I found the Resources was set to "Custom1" and someone had changed the IP Clients setting from MAX (in the Default) to 8. Min=0 Max=8 Licenses=12. Sheesh.

All I had to do was edit the 8 to a 12, Update the settings and Reboot the unit.

My 9th i2004 came online properly.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back