Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with ActiveX Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

teuberj

Programmer
Sep 16, 2005
DE
We have a problem with the ActiveX viewer in CE 10. Some subreports on a page are blank when the page is first shown. Only when incresing the zoom level or going back to a page previously show the whole page is displayed correct.

Interesting one.... have you tried changing the text in the subreport to a different font/size?

Is the font used in the designer in the font list on the ActiveX viewer PC?

Bob

The font used in the subreports is installed on the PC. Also a different font and size did not help.

We reported this to BO but they have no solution yet.

I found out something:

When I run the report on our CE server (Windows Server 2003), the report is displayed correct.

But when i run it on my computer (Windows Professional 2000) it is wrong. Then i thought the problem could be caused by the fact, that i also viewed reports on my computer with the old (8.5) active x viewer. I went to a colleague with Win XP whou never before displayed any report. When executing the report the message appeared "Should activex viewer be downloaded?", i said yes. But the problem was also there.....

Perhaps there is any system setting which causes the problem with the viewer?

I have actually got a call open with Business Objects about this and myslef and my company have been beating them over the head to try and get a fix for the past 2 months. It has been escalatred and is with the product group and dev team. But the level of incompetence seems very high at the mo. The issue happens in XI R1, dunno about R2.

I managed to get reports to look fine with ActiveX Windows XP SP1 but look incorrect in Win XP SP2. I think there is some hotfix that Micorosft has released for IE that seems to screw up the ActiveX viewer install. The viewer always looks fine Windows Sever 2003.

Can you tell me your case number, please? Maybe they should know that this is the same problem as yours. My Case ID at BO is 302625318.

PS: Nice answer. :)

We ran into this same issue after installing the latest hot fix/SP for Crystal Enterprise 10. Now a handful of our reports that displayed correctly prior to applying the service pack now appear blank when the report is first displayed. However, if you print the report, zoom up or down or advance to the 2nd page then go back to page 1 the report displays correctly.

Is this still an issue for you? Did you figure out what caused this? Any help/advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, the problem is not solved yet. BO can not reproduce the error. I created a simple report for them. But they say it is correctly displayed....

I have spent some time trying to figure out which "function" of the report(s) is causing the issue. I narrowed it down to certain conditional suppressions on groups within the subreport. The two conditional suppressions is: previous and startswith. Once I comment these out the report displays correctly. Unfortunately, my reports require a conditional suppression therefore this is not a suitable “fix”.

Can you test this scenario out with your reports? Then I’ll know whether the change I made is a fluke or if it’s what’s causing the issue.

Below is an example of what I commented out (under the suppress section)::

1st report:
{tblScorecard.Type} startswith ['B','D','F','H']

2nd Report:
previous({SpTime;1.empl_sku}) = {SpTime;1.empl_sku}

Note: This issue only occurs when using the ActiveX viewer. The report loads correctly when using the DHTMl viewer.

This may be a longshot, but try adding a text parameter to the report, place it on the report header and supress it, then when you call the report pass the current time to that parameter, every time, this changing value will cause the report to refresh each time, this has fixed weird problems for us in the past. The call will include this in the URL (VB):
"&promptex-yourparametername=" & TimeOfDay

We are evaluating CR XI for upgrade purposes and found the same issue. Has it been resolved yet?

We've got an answer to our case from BO: They sent us an older version of the viewer (09.12.2003, 10.0.0.533). In this viewer the problem does not occur. Our actual viewer was from 12.09.2005 (10.0.5.1155). They recommended to use the old viewer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back