Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with acs r7 and partnermail vs5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech627

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I have installed a partner acs rl and a partnermail vs r5 in a 2 slot carrier. I have put ext's 22 and 23 in hunt grp 7 and whenever you call on any of the lines the system answers immediatly saying "your call will be transferred to the receptionist" and is transferred to ext 10. This does not happen when the mail is removed from the carrier. I found another post concerning this problem but the fixes don't solve the issue. Please help!!!

I don't want the system to be answered by an autoattendant right away during the day. The customer wants to have the autoattendant for night service.

A few items to check on.

#506 to see how many rings the system will wait before the auto attendant answers the call.
#507 to tell the system in which mode calls will be answered by the auto attendant.
#503 to program a Night Service button on the telephone connected to ext 10.

Post back with the results. [smile]

The paperwork that goes with a vs5 does not take into account the extension changes on an acs r7 so the correct mail ext's are 23 and 24 not 22 and 23. Thanks for your help Dexman another respose from you on another thread helped me solve my issue.

That would make sense as the available Partner systems available back then had only 8 ports. I know there are some issues such that when using a Partner Mail VS R5 and a Partner ACS R7 some features don't work properly unless a patch or two is downloaded to the PMVS R5. If you run into problems where some functions don't work like they should, you may want to upgrade to the Partner Messaging R7. [thumbsup2]

partner rel 7 5x9 with partner messaging would use ports 19,20 for a 2 port card?

That's right.

In a 2 slot carrier, you would pick ports 19 & 20 if you have a 2 port card. Add ports 21 & 22 for a 4 port card and 23 & 24 for a 6 port card.

Spend a little money up front and reap the rewards! [bluegreedy]

Ports 23 and 24 did the trick, thanks for the help everyone. It is nice to find a group of people that are willing to share their knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back