Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with a opening a Link to my database

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2004
QA
Guys and Girls,

When i am trying to open up a link to my database this error comes up "The Microsoft Jet Database engine cannot open the file R:Budget Control. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permissions to view this data." This has never happened before does anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong ?

Cheers

since no one has responded I'll take a shot in the dark. Was the database that you are trying to open created or edited by a user that has rights that are greater than yours?

See post titled "Can't set startup options". The indivdual started with the same problem you did and stated what he/she did to fix. CC

Sorry CC, but i downloaded the SR-1 and SR-2 and the jetsp 3.5 but that did not solve the problem. I think that the problem is taht i am trying to open a file on a different network drive on a different site, this database opens for their site but not for ours, i cannot figure out why though. Any help ?.

Is the R: drive correctly mapped ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

yes it is correctly mapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back