Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with a Merlin 2.2 412 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Merlin Magix 2.2
2 412 cards
Pri card
Messenger
In that order

Just put the 2nd 412 card in and it is not coming up
The system has been renumbered and defaulted. Did not work.
System sees the cards in inventory.
Tested the card, all passed.
Traded slots and power supplies, no dice.

going to trade out the cabinet.

Any other suggestions?

Why didn't the 2nd 412-card go into the last slot? Did you move all the other cards over to accomodate?

transpose the two 412s. where does the trouble go?

Trouble stays with the third slot when cards are swapped.

Remote tech was going to have to reprogram some extensions for the client anyway, so he just put the 412's alongside one another. Nothing really much on the programming side for the client. Client has downsized and is not even using the DCD card anymore.
After all the initial fun we did place the 412 card at the end and we only get a message waiting light on the phones for that card.

Replaced backplane and all was right with the world again.

For some crazy unknown reason, and WAY BACK in the LEGEND DAYS, we used to have failures on the 3rd slot once in a blue moon.

I had been retired from Avaya, but was working as a Contractor when I saw the first one.

That's when I learned from my old buddies at the Tech Support group about this thing with slot 3.

Was this by chance an old LEGEND carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back