Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with a 1394 PCMCIA Adapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvana80

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
I'm experience a problem with my new "Via OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" PCMCIA Card Bus which is supposed to work under all the version of Windows. Anyway the adapter should be installed by plug&play automatically without having to supply any additional driver. When I insert the card in, the Hardware Update Wizard come up as normall but when I try to install the device it looks like it's starting to load the drivers and also the proper Name is viewed "Via OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" but the installation fails. The Cannot Install This Hardware window appear saying that

""there was a problem installing this hardware "Via OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" An error occurred during the installation of the device. The data is invalid.""

I tried to look for the driver and I found them, infact the name of the driver are the same as the one that windows try to supply for the installation. Anyway it fails. I tried with windows 98 driver but I got a different kind of error saying that the drivers were not meant for that platform but WIN95.

Can Anybody give me some tip or advice on how to solve the problem? I had the same problem in installing another IEEE 1394 PCMCIA Adapter borrowed from a friend of mine. Same exact installation problem.

It looks like there is no way to make it work. I wonder if with a fresh install of XP it would work but I doubt. It shouldn't make any difference.

Please help.
Tank you very much.

Nirvana80.

It worked man!! Thanks a lot. I really appreciated it. Well done. At the normal reboot after I have done that on the safe mode it recognized the device and installed it without prompting me for any action.

Thanks again.

You're welcome, and thanks for posting back with the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back