Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with 10 digit Dialing in area code 819 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleuvert

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
CA
Hi,
I have an 11C and now, for dialing local number, the phone carrier want the dialer dial area code before number. When the user dial example 9-725-4238, the call was intercept by phone company and a message said somathing like that. " Now, you must dial area code before the number. Your call will be tranfert now", and the call will be transfert to 725-4238, without problem. But when the people dial 9-819-725-4238, phone song busy after only 7 digits and cannot make call with the new 10 digits standard.

Thank's for your help !
Bleuvert

PLACE 819 IN THE NPA'S WITH THE RLI OF YOUR LOCAL ROUTE. LOAD 90

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I cannot change NPA,error ESN073. The system does'nt want this new data. Thank's for your help !

ld 90
prt
net
ac1
npa
819.. if it's not there, then use the new command.. a busy should happen after 9 819 if it's not there, not 7.. so try i would guess that it is in an a nxx.. try to prt 819 as a npa, nxx or spn.. then out it and complete perry;s sugestion

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you find that 819 is in as an NPA, print out the RLI that it is pointed to. Perhaps it has a DMI table that is doing some digit manipulation you no longer want (adding a 1?) or going to an invalid route for this type of call.

usually when the carrier now requires 10 digit instead of casual (7 digit), it works like my area code.. 803 + goes out ld... if i dial 803 plus local i have to delete 4 and put it on my locals..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back