Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem while Using two routers in a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sduraiappa

Programmer
Mar 5, 2004
IN
I have two routers with IP address
router 1 - 10.10.1.235
router 2 - 10.10.3.230

I have connected the two routers in a switch.

My requirement is, i want a set of users to use router-1 and other set of users to use router-2.

My problem is, my router-2 work for nearly 15 minutes and doesnot work after that. When i ping 10.10.3.230 from my pc, i get request time out.

When i restart the router-2 it works again for nearly 15 minutes.

Please help me to use both the routers in my network.

Thanks in advance,

S.Duraiappan

Changing the mask will not solve your problem. Why exactly do you want some users to use router 1, and others to use router 2? Have you tried replacing the cable between router 2 and the switch? Does the same thing happen with any pc trying to ping the router? What happens when you ping router 2 from router 1?

Burt

Burt,

Actually i want to share the overload of ROUTER-1 internet usage to ROUTER-2. So i want to use some set of users to use ROUTER-2.

I have checked the cabling many times before writing this post. Everything is good.

I ping ROUTER-2 from many PCS. All replied timeout.

Replace router 2. I would actually replace both and get one good router that can handle many clients. (GO CISCO!!!).

Burt

I replace router-2 with D-Link router.

Now i can share broadband to different set of users with the two routers.

My problem is solved.

Thanks to everyone.

Duraiappan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back