Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem while PSC scanner in WIN XP (DOS application)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sduraiappa

Programmer
Mar 5, 2004
IN
I am using a foxpro application and i use Novell netware some years back. I use a PSC scanner and use Keyboard Wedge software and the scanning is done perfectly.

Later i change to Windows XP OS.

Now i tried scanning but i could not get the scanned results in my FOXPRO program. I try some other Wedge programs for XP. I get scanned result in notepad, but i dont get the result in FOXPRO application.

Can anyone help me in this regard. I am having around 20 scanning machines and right now i am not able to use all those machines.

Please help and thanks in advance.

S.Duraiappan

you probably have a certain type of Active x control registered to work with the previous setup for a dedicated Port. You will need to register the .dll in XP. I have limited knowledge here, but work with a guy who has a setup like this.

Post in the VFP forum ( not sure how to get this moved?)

Thanks for your reply.

DO u mean to register .DLL for my scanner?

S.Duraiappan

no the scanner will use a driver and likely installs on it's own, then becomes a regular input device..like the keyboard.

I was just thinking maybe there was special programming to work with a dedicated Port, but maybe it is just a form/control property setting? so it might be better to ask in the VFP section, I have VFP at home so I'll check if I see anything.

My inventory software is a Foxpro application and not a Visual Foxpro application.

As you said i have the doubt on how to configure the dedicated port. The scanner working fine and i can get results in a notepad application, but i cant get the input to my Foxpro Application.

S.Duraiappan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back