Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem while opening a page........

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo666

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I am using a page ( an access page that is ) to view records from my data base. All works well, but id like to open that page using a field from a specified form so that the page shows only the record linked to the field. I am using a query (to fill the page)with the name of the field as a criteria :

[Forms]![myForm]![fileNumber]

the only problem is that a dialog box always shows up to ask the user to enter a value for [Forms]![myForm]![fileNumber] when a correct value is entered, the page loads perfectly and the data is A OK

id like to know if its possible to by-pass that dialog box so the user doesnt have to enter the file number

thx all

Fred

Fred,

I assume you mean form rather than page and that your form is filled by a query and your problem is how do you pass the file number to the forms underlying query. For example
The query should be:

SELECT * FROM MYTBLE WHERE FILENUMBER = “ & forms!myform!filenumber.
Try out a few things to confirm this. Set up your query using the query designer, and when you build your WHERE string use the expression builder.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Thanks for the fast awnser Robert,

When i ment page, i ment html page in access 2000, i am actually trying to pass the file number to the page exactly like i do for a form or a report, but it keeps poping a dialog box for the value [Forms]![myForm]![fileNumber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back