Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem when Page Header in subreport becomes Report Header in main re 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteKnight2K

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
CA
Hello there. Yes, I'm having yet another problem with CR. This time it seems like it should be easy to solve, but ...oh well, here's the situation.

I have a main report, and within this main report all i have is a Page Header for the name of the report and the date.

In the details section I have a subreport for Trees in the Details A and a subreport for Firewood in the Details B. Now in the subreport stand alone files themselves, I had Page Headers as each subreport need a different header because for example, the Trees have headers for attributes of Trees like DBH, and Height, whereas, the Firewood have header for attributes of Firewood like Number of Pieces. So in the stand alone subreports I have set these header in the Page Header sections of each subreport as I would like this header to show up at the top of each page.

However, the problem now is that, when inserted into the Main Report, these Page headers in the subreport now become Report Headers and thus only print on the first page for each subreport.

I thought however that I could possibly put the headers for each subreport into a subreport of their own and then place these subreports into the Page Header of the main report, suppressing each one as is required (i.e. I would suppress the Trees header when the main report reached the Firewood subreport, and I would suppress the Firewood header when the main report was in the Trees section. However, this suppressing does not work in this way, so now I am lost.

Please help if you can. It would be graciously appreciated.

Thank you,

Christopher

What I usually do in these situations is create a dummy group in each subreport that will include ALL of the records in the subreport. This can be done by using any field that is constant, or by writing a formula that subtracts a numeric or date field from itself (getting a zero).

Once you create this group, make it the primry group. You can then set the options of the group to "repeate GH on each new page". This turns your subreport GH into a subreport PH. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Thank you so much Kenny, works like a charm! You are my saviour! How did you ever figure that out??

Thanks so much again =o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back