Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem when creating folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cawi17

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2002
MY

I'm trying to create folder using ASP script below... but when opening the page..it loads for 'quite a time'.... almost like it hangs... but noe folder was created...

What is the problem...?

<%
Dim myFSO

Set myFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

myFSO.CreateFolder("C:\myNewFolder")

SET myFSO = NOTHING
%>
<p>done!...</p>

One common problem that causes this (in fact one of the only ones I know) is if your antivirus or firewall software is protecting you from scripts. You have to turn tat feature off in your software (turning off the software won't do it, you have to turn off the option) or else it will block fso from getting write/execute access to the folder/file. You'll sill have read access (without turning off script protection), just not the ability to create/modify anything.

Sorry I couldn't be more exact about it being a firewall or antivirus issue, it's been a long time and can't remember. You could probably hit the search tab above and search for Norton and find posts in the past (some even by me :p) that clarify that.

-T

barcode_1.gif

yup... you're right... it is my norton... I had disabled my Norton Antivirus Script Blocking feature and it could run straight away...

Thank you very much.....

I'm using Win XP Service Pack 2... and it seem to work with the Win firewall...

Thank you again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back