Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem when create order entry with optional fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

hado34

Programmer
Jun 1, 2014
GB
dear all

i am facing an issue when i try to create an order entry and in case the user forget to fill the optional fields (mandatory one)
instead of allowing the user to finish the entry , the screen gets blank and the user has to start from scratch again

sage 300 V6.1 using the original OE entry
regards

thanks etienne

my problem is when they dont do so, we have a blocking message which is good but after that instead of to be allowed to fill the optional fields and post again
a new order start (screen get empty) and it is fustrating to have to enter all the details again

To avoid that I put a default value for the optional fields but now when they forget to fill them i having incorrect information
regards

They need to enter the correct information the first time, that's all. Or forget about using optional fields.
That's the way it works unfortunately, there's nothing you or I can do about it.

Sage 300 ERP Certified Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back