Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem when clicking on a link, whole page refreshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

weasel1

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
GB
Hi,

When i click on a link on my webpage say in the same section where just the text changes the whole page refreshes and everything reloads up. This is proving to be quite slow. How can i get just the content to refresh instead ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Weasel1

many ways arround it in dynamic world but in pure HTML world is just the matter of design and caching....
"matter of design and caching "
-make sure your images are light and they will re-load simplesly
- look into Iframes andd nasty frames (IF...IF the effect is that desired)
- inluce files
- force cache

HTH
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Hi,

I dont know whether its something to do with the cache or something else. Could it be something to do with the way that the site was actually designed ?
Because if I click on a link on a page which just changes text within the same page the whole page reloads...

Here is the website in question
If you go to a section then click the links down the side, the whole page reloads instead of the changed content.

Is there something I should be doing or a set of rules which I should be following?

Many thanks in advance

Weasel1

differnt pages...different images....the usual load

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back