Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/PRI and no free lines,

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPE

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
Hi, I got a MICS 5.0 w/ PRI, so far every thing looks fine, my routes are fine, destinatin code also fine, and calls are going out, but some time I notice that only one chanel will be in use and maybe two chanel and when another call is place on the pri it shows "no free lines", or "normal release" and no calls go out.

Then I remeber that another system, another MICS 5 w/PRI that I was programming about 6 months ago, in maintenace section under module it shows (card 1:23 loop or line) and when state key is pressed, it shows whatever lines is busy at that point. Now in this system I can't get the 23 lines showing on that section only shows (card 1: 1 loop or line) I don't know if this have to do with my problem,
ANY IDEA?
Thank you

On a PRI, you will only see Card1: 1 Loop. I think that you are thinking about a T1, that will show Card1: 24 loops or lines (I can't remember). But it sounds like you may have a problem with one or more of the channels. 1st make sure you have all channels Provisioned in programming, what I usually do next is program the channels to my programming set (probably about 7 at a time) and test them out one at a time. This way you'll know which channel is giving you a problem.

Good Luck

Ok, I will program the channels to be on a DSS console, that way one by one will be tested.
all 23 channels are provisioned.

some one knows where I can get an update list of alarm and events for nortar 5 or 6.?
Thanks

VIPE, have you checked the control set for the lines 001-023,
I had this problem and it only happened time to time...the answer was that the reception set was the control set for lines 001-023 and every time she put the reception phone in to Night service (e.g. Lunch, Smoke Break, etc..) no one in the company could make an out-bound call via the PRI...so I set the control set for 001-023 to NONE and the problem went away.
Try it out

Does this happen all the time. If it happens in the moring after a call or two has come in it could be a setting on the CO switch. Ask the CO if they are running 4ESS, if so have them turn off B-channel services, they call it BCAS.

The setting will cause the lines to go out of service everynight. If an incoming line comes in it will clear the channel. To test reboot the MICS and see if the channels come up.

Well, I trayed to programmed the console for all channels, but it doesn't let me do it, from PRI channels. so I can't use, but I notice that this happen channel 5 going down from one,I mean the 5 th call, when the 6 th channel is being use for out going call, it shows "no free line" also, I don't understande why if the program for B channel sequence is set to ascendent the outgoing calls start from channel 1, this is weird, I disable the card, changed from DMS 250 to DMS100 and enable the card back, reset the system and trayed, with carrier, and they said that no blocking channels or any thing else is happening wiht it.

Then when I go into maintenance and link status, it shows B channels [ far end out of service ] on the first two channels, this is corrected after some time and traffic.
I don't know what else to check and the sequence of B channels is not working.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back