Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/ On Demand Subreport through Crystal Runtime 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrld

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
Hi...
I have a report that contains an on demand subreport. I made the subreport 'on demand' because it contains notes that pertain to the main report's details. These notes are used for reference when needed, so I did not want to have the subreport run automatically (takes longer to process and end users have no patience).
The end users have Crystal runtime version on their workstations, so basically, I compile each report and the run via the .exe file.
At their machines I see the link to the subreport, but clicking on it does nothing. Is this just the way it is, and I have to change the subreport to run with the main report, or is there something I'm missing.
I have quite a bit of time invested in this report, and I'd like to see it work for the end user the way it works for me.
Thanks for your help. Linda

Are you sure that the compile engine is the latest version?

What if you compile the report on your design PC and run it from a shortcut. Does it work in your environment? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Ken...
If I run the report from the executable (on a shared network drive) that the end-user uses, it works fine for me. When I click the subreport link, it runs and returns the data.
I'm not sure about the compile engine. Can you tell me how I would find out what version I am using? Linda

Look for CRPE32.dll on the user's PC and see what version this file is. It may also be that when you did the original distribution CR didn't send a DLL because you didn't have an on-demand subreport in the original reports. You might need to do a new distribution to give the users a new engine. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

It was the CRPE32.dll. I replaced it on the end-users machine, and it works. Yeah!!

Thanks, Linda

I replace .dll with version 9.2.3.1098 but it doesn't work.
WHat version of the crpe32.dll did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back