Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem VOIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiopy

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
I have a problem with the protocol and he VOIB configure the IP address but I can not see it or you do not ping VOIU to do it?
Also connect the IP phone and asks me a password!
If anyone can help me with this!

si le instale el VOIB despues de que ya estaba funcionando la IPLDK, en que sentido debo darle de alta? no lo entiendo

yes, I install the VOIB after it was already running the IPLDK, in which direction should I give it high? I do not understand

en el telefono Ip?

MFIM es la ip del VOIB?
Router IP Address es la Ip de Mi gateway?
Phone Net Mask es la mask 255.255.255.0?
Phone IP address esto es evidente

lo que no entiendo es router ip

Ip on the phone?

MFIM is the ip of VOIB?
Router IP Address My Ip is the gateway?
Phone Net Mask is the mask 255.255.255.0?
Phone IP address that is evident

I do not understand what is router ip

Dear Señores and Sirs

I better write this explanation text in English because my "Casdejano"(Castillian) or Spanish isn't that good.

LG-Nortel invented the IP phones for the iPECS first.
The iPECS came out in 2003, being their fir pure IP system.
The main processor module of the iPECS is the MFIM (Multi Function Internet protocol Module).
Therefore you will see the term MFIM in the display of the LG-Nortel IP phones (like LIP-24 or LIP-70xx).

To make the correct installation do like this:

Ip on the phone? -> This is the IP address of the IP phone.

MFIM is the ip of VOIB? -> Yes.
Router IP Address My Ip is the gateway? -> This wil be the default gateway.
Phone Net Mask is the mask 255.255.255.0? This will be your LAN's subnet mask.
Phone IP address that is evident -> -> This is the IP address of the IP phone.

I do not understand what is "outer ip" -> This will be the default gateway.

Let me know about your success.

Sincerely
Señor doktor

///doktor

Hey Doktor
I send you a file
Let me know if you received
I think what with this file we can resolved many doubts about VIOP

Saludos Raza.....

I will check for this file. Remember to se in PGM103 that the virtual slot = 99 for both STA (station) and CO.

///doktor

I have here - below made a better description of the PGM101+103.:

In PGM103 you need to set thr virtual SLOT for IP phones: Virtual SLOT #99.
SLOT= 99 is the code for the virtual (i.e. non-physic) SLOT, to which IP phones will be installed.
If the ”Virtual SLOT #99” is not set, the IP phones will never work.

PGM103: I fyou program from LDK PC ADMIN (LDK PC ADMIN version 3.5Af or newer),
you choose "Configuration in PGM101-103, and right click on the VOIB board,
that is shown in the ipLDK-100 cabinet.
The choose "Logical Assignment" and PGM103 is seen on your PC display.

In Board Information choose the VOIB board - and right click on the board.

Now it is possible to choose ”(Virtual VOIB) Append to COL” and ”(Virtual VOIB) Append to STA”.

Click on both – one at a time – and there must be written 99 under COL and 99 under STA.

If "99" is NOT written down most in the COL board and STA board list, the IP phones will fail to operate.

///doktor

And here you get the whole description step-by-step:

-------------------------------------------------------

Programming. Follow these steps for success...

* In PGM 101 and PGM 103 the VOIB/VOIBE should be installed in a proper SLOT.

In PGM103 you need to set thr virtual SLOT for IP phones: Virtual SLOT #99.
SLOT= 99 is the code for the virtual (i.e. non-physic) SLOT, to which IP phones will be installed.
If the ”Virtual SLOT #99” is not set, the IP phones will never work.

PGM103: I fyou program from LDK PC ADMIN (LDK PC ADMIN version 3.5Af or newer),
you choose "Configuration in PGM101-103, and right click on the VOIB board,
that is shown in the ipLDK-100 cabinet.
The choose "Logical Assignment" and PGM103 is seen on your PC display.

In Board Information choose the VOIB board - and right click on the board.

Now it is possible to choose ”(Virtual VOIB) Append to COL” and ”(Virtual VOIB) Append to STA”.

Click on both – one at a time – and there must be written 99 under COL and 99 under STA.

If "99" is NOT written down most in the COL board and STA board list, the IP phones will fail to operate.

Now the IP address data for the VOIB/VOIBE should be set:

* In PGM 340 index #1: Here is the IP address for VOIB/VOIBE board set.
* In PGM 340 index #2: Here is the default gateway IP address set. This field must be set.
* In PGM 340 index #3: Here is the subnet mask for the VOIB/VOIBE board set.
* In PGM 340 index #5: Here is the trace password for VOIB/VOIBE board set. Set to 00000000
* In PGM 340 index #6: Here is the default codec for VOIB/VOIBE board set. Set to G.711 or G.723 or ?.
* In PGM 340 index #7: Default gain = 31.
* In PGM 340 index #8: No delay is wanted. TOS = type of service. ON is chosen.
* In PGM 340 index #9: Normal throughput is requested. TOS = type of service. High is chosen.
PGM 340 index 10: Normal reliability is requested. TOS = type of service. High is chosen.

* In PGM 380 “VOIB Slot for RSG/IP Phone” you enter the SLOT number for the VOIB/VOIBE.
* In PGM 380 ”RSG/IP Channel Number for IP Phone” you enter 1-8 (1-24)dependent of how
many channels on the VOIB/(VOIBE) board, you need for IP - phones (speech channels).

* In PGM381 RSG/IP Number Assign. --- IP Phone Number.
Here the number of IP phones is entered.

To install the IP phone, the IP phones MAC adressen should be entered. This is done in:
PGM386 IP Phone Attribute -- > Set Mac Address

The MAC address is seen on the label on the IP phone.

Hereafter the IP phone (e.g. LIP-24 or LIP-70xx) is registered, as written in the manual
for these phones.

Up to 64 IP phones can be registered within one ipLDK-100.

Some hints about the LIP phones:

The MFIM ip address is the ip address of VOIB!
Router IP Address will be the default gateway of the LAN network.
Phone Net Mask is your LAN's subnet mask.

Use REMOTE connection to VOIB/VOIBE for the IP phones.

Good luck.
///doktor

///doktor

Antes que nada quisiera darles las gracias a todos por sus aportes y realmente me sirvieron de mucha ayuda ya que lo he solucionado de manera imprevista en otro post estaré dando las instrucciones para poder habilitar el VOIB ya que en el manual no me dice nada del sw2 del voib
Pero a todos muchas gracias!!!

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their input and really helped me a lot of help since I've solved so unexpectedly in another post will be giving instructions to enable the VOIB because the manual does not tell me anything about SW2 the voib
But all thank you very much!

Hi! Hola!

What function has SW2 in the VOIB?

///doktor

Los SW2 son los swiches que estan dentro de la tarjeta VOIB y que tienen 4 dip y de las cuales los dip swicht 1,3,4 estan en Off y el dip 2 esta en ON por default, lo cual me dice que la misma tienen que estar todas en OFF ya que la version de mi tarjeta VOIB era antigua, las nuevas versiones ya vienen todas en OFF y deben estar en OFF para que le reconozca en el slot 10 de la central telefonica

The SW2 are swiches that are within the VOIB card and have 4 dip and dip of which are at swicht 1,3,4 and dip Off-On 2 is by default, which tells me that the same have to be all-Off because the version of my old card VOIB era, the new versions are already in all OFF OFF and should be recognized for that slot in 10 of the central telefonica

Hi scorpiopy

Maybe you can email me the hardware details for the ipLDK-60 VOIB. SW2 for the VOIB for ipLDK-100 has 8 dip switches that must be in the ON position to work all right.

///doktor

Hey doktor:
In file send you, you can see Voib card description
Like say scorpiopy there are two cards.
The old card must be 1,3,4 dip switch OFF and DS 2 ON
The new card could be ALL DS in ON or OFF

Dear Sirs

Please check the last post in this thread for IMPORTANT information, if you are installing the LG-Nortel ipLDK-60 and VOIB.

Dear MorenoT & Scorpiopy.
Thank you for "teaching" us on this isue.

///doktor

Hi MorenoT

Maybe you can send me some details for the VOIB for the ipLDK-60. Use the link given in last post of mine.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back