Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem VOIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiopy

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
I have a problem with the protocol and he VOIB configure the IP address but I can not see it or you do not ping VOIU to do it?
Also connect the IP phone and asks me a password!
If anyone can help me with this!

Pass: 147*
Can you ping to MBU
Do you reset MBU after Set up VOIB IP address

you should restart the system when ever you change ip address. is there a switch between you pc and the ipLDK? if you already ping the VOIB, you can try typing its ip address on a browser. you should see the firmware upgrade page of the VOIB. just to know that it is truly the VOIB replying

What type of PBX do you have? ipLDK-100 or 300?
You need to use the latest s/w minimum 3.7 for the ipLDK and s/w 4.3Ae for the VOIB (Max 8 channels created by using up to 4 pcs. of VOIU).

///doktor

Estas en el mismo segmento de red ?

Do you make ping in the same Vlan ?

Wolfi

si estoy en el mismo segmento de red
la pbx que tengo es una IPLDK-60
en el PGM 340/341 ya le asigne la direccion de IP

Check this threath thread1613-1484626.
It show you step-by-step how to program VoIP with ipLDK.

///doktor

Now I see the VOIB in the slot 10 but when I want to register the IP phone says NO RESPONSE FROM MFIM and already you configure all directions The MFIM is the address of the VOIB?

Yes, MFIM is VOIB IP Address
Try putting LAN Cable in PC Jack of IP SET
I had one with problems on LAN jack

Also, if you IPSET need password,
Some need time to connect... +/- 5 min or more

We also put the cable on my computer and I do not have ping or drama to communicate with the voib, something that I have to change in the schedule, including the PGM 386 recognizes me and addres the MAC and IP address of your phone ip!

Check this step-by-step way to install an LIP phone connected to the ipLDK system:

-----------------------------------------------------------Follow these steps to install an IP phone in ipLDK-100:

The needed hardware is VOIB or VOIBE.
For the VOIB, VOIU channel boards are needed. Each VOIU gives 2 VoIP channels. Maxinum 8 VoIP channels per VOIB.

For the VOIBE, VOIUE channel boards are needed. Each VOIU gives 12 VoIP channels. Maxinum 24 VoIP channels per VOIBE.

Only LG-Nortel H.323 IP phones can be used.
Licenses are not needed with hard phones, just with soft phones.

Programming. Follow these steps for success...

* In PGM 101 and PGM 103 the VOIB/VOIBE should be installed in a proper SLOT.

Now the IP address data for the VOIB/VOIBE should be set:

* In PGM 340 index #1: Here is the IP address for VOIB/VOIBE board set.
* In PGM 340 index #2: Here is the default gateway IP address set. This field must be set.
* In PGM 340 index #3: Here is the subnet mask for the VOIB/VOIBE board set.
* In PGM 340 index #5: Here is the trace password for VOIB/VOIBE board set. Set to 00000000
* In PGM 340 index #6: Here is the default codec for VOIB/VOIBE board set. Set to G.711 or G.723 or ?.
* In PGM 340 index #7: Default gain = 31.
* In PGM 340 index #8: No delay is wanted. TOS = type of service. ON is chosen.
* In PGM 340 index #9: Normal throughput is requested. TOS = type of service. High is chosen.
PGM 340 index 10: Normal reliability is requested. TOS = type of service. High is chosen.

Programming of the IP phones:

* In PGM 380 "VOIB Slot for RSG/IP Phone" you enter the SLOT number for the VOIB/VOIBE.
* In PGM 380 "RSG/IP Channel Number for IP Phone" you enter 1-8 (1-24)dependent of how many channels on the VOIB/(VOIBE) board, you need for IP - phones (speech channels).

* In PGM381 RSG/IP Number Assign. --- IP Phone Number.
Here the number of IP phones is entered.

To install the IP phone, the IP phones MAC adressen should be entered. This is done in:
PGM386 IP Phone Attribute -- > Set Mac Address

The MAC address is seen on the label on the IP phone.

Hereafter the IP phone (e.g. LIP-24 or LIP-70xx) is registered, as written in the manual for these phones.
Up to 64 IP phones can be registered within one ipLDK-100.
Good luck.
///doktor

///doktor

Remember to use "Remote" connection to MFIM, not Local.

///doktor

Also important issues are:

Try to browse the ip address of the VOIB.
* In PGM 340 index #1: Here is the IP address for VOIB/VOIBE board set.
Check that the s/w 4.3Ae is installed for the VOIB.

Password for logon to the VOIB is set in:
* In PGM 340 index #5: Here is the trace password for VOIB/VOIBE board set. Set to 00000000 (for example).

Check that you can ping both the VOIB and LANU - and the IP phone.

You can also browse the IP phone (LIP-24 or LIP-70xx).

///doktor

Yes, you need to set this both for STA and CO lines.

///doktor

Hola sigo teniendo problema con el voib y como les comente yo le hago ping al voib y a la central pero en el slot 10 no me aparece el VOIB configuro todo y lo mismo
tambien le coloque el MAC addres de la IP phone a la programacion y tampoco reconoce la direccion de ip pero yo tambien le hago ping al telefono IP phone

Gracias y necesito ayuda urgente ya que en el choto manual del ipldk.60 no me ayuda en nada!!!

You need to have a default gateway programmed for both VOIB, LANU and IP phones in all cases. Otherwise it will not work.

///doktor

Instalaste la Voib despues de que ya estaba funcionando el ipLDK?
Si es asi, necesitas dar de alta manualmente la tarjeta VOIP.
Sabes como hacerlo?

Do you instal VOIB card after ipldk was working
If so,you need set up manualy the voib card.
Do you know how to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back