Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Word (Exact) Format export

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimHume

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
GB
Having followed the advice in other threads on here I got hold of the crxf_wordw.dll. I put it on my machine and it solved my problem (that my default language was now used, rather than US English).

However this has caused problems on clients machines. I install the .dll correctly, but when I attempt to export the report either the "Exporting Records" dialog doesn't come up or I get a rather uninformative Error message from Crystal just telling me a problem has appeared. Now on some machines the export works fine, and on others it doesn't. On those machines other exports work fine.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreacited.
thanks

I had a problem. When I exported crystal 8.5 to word exact I would lose some of the formatting. I just exported it to rich text format .rtf which is word and it worked.

Cretin

Since I installes this .dll when I export report to .doc or .rtf format I can not edit it. Crystal exports text with textbox. I can modify text in the textbox (extend textbox), but can't insert anything.
Do you have similar problem also?

Cretin, in the report format fields as 'Can Grow', it might work.

NNS1, that isn't my problem at all. When i try to export it won't even get into word. The problem seems to exist in Crystal itself, on certain machines it just does not plainly like that .dll and won't export to Word using it. Those machines did not have problems with the previous style of Word exporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back