Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using PC Administration software with Vista 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
Has anyone tried to use the Avaya PC Administration software under Vista? I installed a recent version of the software on a new computer, and was able to connect to the Partner switch by dialup without any problem. I could also download translation data (.xmg). But when the PC Administration program tried to read the translation file, it said it was corrupted. However, I copied the "corrupt" translation file to another machine with Win2K and the PC Administration software on that machine read it perfectly. Any suggestions? I can't find any indication on the Avaya site that they have released a version of PC Administration for Vista, and Vista didn't indicate any compatibility problems for the software when I loaded it (which it usually does if there are problems). Thanks!

i doubt it will work. I know for the IP Office, Avaya just released a new version a couple of days ago to support Vista. Avaya will probably need to come out with a patch for the R7 Admin Software. I think they have been sending the same Admin Software disk with all the R7 Partner systems.

Update on this issue: Avaya doesn't seem to have any fix yet, but the problem has been tracked to the file system used by Vista. Apparently when the PC Administration program tries to read (write is OK) a translation file, something gets corrupted. The immediate workaround is therefore simple: write (or copy) the .xmg files to a thumb drive (USB flash drive), which use a different file system. The PC Administration program can read and write to the flash drive with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back